Calibrate your monitor following the manufacturer's instructions. To double-check your monitor's calibration visually, follow the steps below:
- Request an AsukaBook paper sample and continue to the next step once you have received the sample.
- Download our calibration JPEG file.
- Open the JPEG file in Photoshop®.
- Visually check the colours of the calibration JPEG file against the printed sample.
Download and install the printer profile in the location below:
Copy the profile into the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended folder.
Alternatively, copy profiles into the /Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder.
Right-click the profile and select Install Profile.
Alternatively, copy the profiles into the WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\colour folder (for Windows XP) or the WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\colour folder (for Windows 2000)
Once the printer profile has been installed, follow the steps below to soft proof your files to view a close approximation of the final printed product.
- Open Photoshop and go to View > Proof Setup
- Select Custom
- In the Proof Setup window, Choose “ask_fvo_a.icc” from the Profile menu
- Choose “Perceptual” from the Intent menu
- Turn “Use Black Point Compensation” on and leave the other options off
- Go to View > Proof Colours to turn the option on and off. You may see slight colour changes as your monitor is now simulating what our printing device is capable of reproducing.
Typically, this change is very slight and acceptable. If the change is unacceptable, make necessary colour adjustments to your images with the Proof Colours still on. DO NOT SAVE YOUR FILES WITH THE SOFT PROOF SETTING APPLIED as we only accept sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces.
You can save this setup so that each spread you design may be soft proofed using AsukaBook's colour profile. In addition, this process is for soft proofing your images on screen only.